The CAPEX Procurement department provides support to Project teams to procure civil construction (underground networks, foundations, structures, buildings, roads, etc), equipment (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation), all works erection packages (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, refractories, etc) as well as all engineering packages (basic and detailed civil, mechanical, electrical) for all types of CAPEX projects. This includes:
- To define the contracting strategy and to the global sourcing of equipment and services,
- To ensure consistency of contract documents, e.g. scope of works, bill of quantities, commercial conditions,
- To organize competitive bidding to meet project budgetary and time schedule objectives,
- To lead purchasing process including call for tender (CFT), offer evaluations and alignment, negotiation, finalization and award of contract agreements in connection with Country and PM&E teams with the support of Group/Regional and Country experts,
- To provide support on contract management, claim and warranties issues on signed contracts.
The Engineering Services global category manager leads and drives the successful development and execution of category strategies. He/she
- is accountable for global category performance.
- evelops and executes global sourcing strategies which are innovative and drive competitive advantage for the Group resulting in significant EBITDA contribution.
- aligns and drives performance for all subject Category Managers, ensuring that Procurement strategy, ambitions, savings, and objectives are achieved.